AI for Impact
Embark on a transformative journey with Google.org and AI Sweden in our summer talent program. We invite students, Swedish non-profit organizations, and social entrepreneurs to collaborate in shaping the future of AI for social good and advancing the Swedish AI ecosystem. Our unique talent program provides an invaluable opportunity for non-profits to join forces with dedicated student teams to pursue impactful AI solutions.
NOTE: Application for students closes March 5th, 2024
Google.org has entrusted AI Sweden with funding for organizing a talent program for students seeking a rewarding summer job. As part of this program, students will have the unique chance to contribute their skills and passion towards the development of AI solutions for Swedish non-profit organizations and social entrepreneurs. By joining forces, students become catalysts for positive change, utilizing their expertise to create meaningful impacts. This talent program is part of a larger initiative.
Participation in this program comes at no cost for non-profits or social entrepeneurs, allowing them to leverage cutting-edge technology for their causes. Meanwhile, student teams are not only contributing to meaningful projects but are also compensated for their dedication and innovation.
AI Sweden is dedicated to championing Swedish non-profit organizations and social entrepreneurs in their quest to harness the power of AI for social good. In our upcoming initiative, five dynamic teams, each comprising three sponsored students, will embark on a transformative journey.
Over ten weeks during the summer, these teams will delve into case ideation, project management, development, and implementation—all guided by a responsible AI approach. Our goal is to not only foster innovation but also to provide tangible support for organizations committed to making a positive impact on society.
To facilitate this collaborative endeavor, AI Sweden will offer dedicated working spaces in both Stockholm and Gothenburg.
Who can join?
The program is open for students currently pursuing a Master's, PhD, or higher vocational education (yrkeshögskoleutbildning) in a field relevant to the scope of the program.
You can apply alone or as a team of three individuals. We believe that the teams should consist of the following competencies:
1. Machine Learning/Deep Learning Engineer
- Proficiency in Python, relevant libraries, pre-trained models, and fine-tuning techniques.
- Hands-on experience with generative AI and Large Language Models (LLMs) is advantageous.
- Knowledge of natural language processing techniques.
2. Data Scientist/Data Analyst
- Expertise in preprocessing and analyzing data.
- Skills in data cleaning, transformation, visualization, text mining, and feature extraction.
3. Software Developer
- Strong programming skills.
- Experience in developing and deploying web or mobile applications.
- Familiarity with app development frameworks
We are mainly looking for Swedish students but may open up the program for international students.
Participants must be able to work on-site in Gothenburg or Stockholm during the whole period (June-August 2024).
Call for non-profits
Is your Swedish non-profit organization eager to embark on an AI development journey with the support of dedicated student teams?
If your organization is committed to making a positive impact and is seeking free-of-charge assistance in harnessing the potential of artificial intelligence, apply for this initiative, and you could be paired with a dynamic team of students ready to tackle your challenges.
By participating, your organization will not only receive valuable support but will also contribute to the upskilling and capacity-building of students passionate about AI for social good. With the backing of AI Sweden, you can stimulate innovation, strengthen your capabilities, and amplify your impact.
- 10-week summer program spanning from June through August 2024
- AI Sweden will offer dedicated working spaces in both Stockholm and Gothenburg
- Empower students and Swedish non-profits/social entrepreneurs to collaboratively develop AI solutions for social good and advance the Swedish AI ecosystem
- Teams of three students work on developing and implementing AI solutions for non-profit organizations or social entrepreneurs
- Student teams will receive a salary for their participation
- You can apply alone or as a team of three individuals
- Participation in this program comes at no cost for participating organizations, allowing them to leverage cutting-edge technology for their causes
NOTE: The application deadline for students is March 5th. Non-profits and social entrepreneurs will be selected during the spring of 2024.