Master Thesis Program
Next cohort starting in January 2023
For the coming cohort of the Master Thesis Program, we are expanding it to invite students from several locations and universities in Linköping, Stockholm, and Gothenburg. Is your organization interested in gaining value and new perspectives from masters students at some of the top universities in Sweden?
How to take part
Please register your interest by sending an email with a description of your suggested topic for one or more master theses to Sofia Hedén by September 23.
The description should include:
- Name of the project
- Short description of the topic
- Your organization
- Your contact person and email address
- Preferred student background
- Preferred location
Are you a student interested in the Master Thesis Program? Sign up for the Master Thesis Matchmaking Event which will take place on October 19, in Gothenburg, and October 26, in Linköping.
The thesis work will begin in January 2023.
What can partners expect?
Student-industry collaborations are mutually beneficial. They create opportunities to share new insights and points of view while building competence and expertise on both sides.
- Benefit from the knowledge of master students to solve current problems or dig deeper into existing tasks.
- Boost attractiveness to possible future employees by joining these collaborations.
- Opportunity to recruit students directly before they graduate.
What can candidates expect?
- Valuable experience from working with real projects and applying theoretical knowledge.
- A community where you can benefit from each other’s experiences and challenges in different organizations and sectors.
- Attend exclusive events, lectures, and other activities.
- Working with the best in the field across Sweden.
About the program
Partners and students gather at matchmaking events which this year will take place in both Gothenburg and Linköping. Partners pitch their suggested thesis topics and begin building relationships with interested master students.
Students who enter the program work on the topics which matter most to partners and sit at one of our locations. They benefit from events and seminars from AI Sweden experts during the spring. They will have access to the Data Factory, the Edge Learning Lab and DGX A100, and other resources.
In spring 2022 the cohort welcomed students from Chalmers and SLU, and partners including Zenseact, SLU, Unibap, Volvo, and AstraZeneca. Some of the dissertations picked up on challenges and created greater awareness within topics such as cyber security, both at partners and AI Sweden.
"This is a great example of a low risk, low effort initiative, where organizations can explore and develop new areas." - Kim Henriksson, Project Manager at AI Sweden’s Edge Lab