Around 30 representatives from the datalabs all over the country where joining the kick-off workshop at AI Innovation of Sweden. During two days they got together to network and share their idéas and plans with each other. The datalabs cover a wide range of areas - space, forest, the Swedish language, ocean data, company information and much more. But even if the subjects differs between the datalabs, they had a lot in common and a big opportunity for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
"The meeting gave several of the lab insights on which areas they have common development interests with and where they can get advantage of sharing resources with the others. It is clear that access to data and to become more data-driven in operations has become an increasingly important issue in a number of areas", says Erik Borälv from Vinnova who was arranging the workshop.
The eight datalabs was a part of Vinnovas call Data driven innovation - Data lab and data factory as a national resource - that cover thematic data labs that function as a sector´s data source and are used in Artificial Intelligence.
- Swedish Language Data Lab (Svenskt Språkdatalabb) - The Data Lab aim to create a national knowledge node within Natural Language Processing and to develop Swedish reference data sets for NLP. Coordinator: AI Innovation of Sweden. Partners: RecordedFuture, Gavagai, Talkamatic, SKL and Språkbanken and a reference group consisting of a wide range of needs owners from various fields.
- National Swedish Space Data Lab (Nationellt Rymddatalabb) - The Data Lab is aiming to increase the use of data from space for the development of society and industry and for the best of the globe. Coordinator: AI Innovation of Sweden. Partners: Swedish National Space Agency, RISE and Luleå University and coordinated by AI Innovation of Sweden.
- Ocean Data Factory - A data factory focusing on sea and marine that wants to enable Sweden to be a global leader for sustainability and innovation in the digital blue economy. Coordinator: University of Gothenburg
- National Forest Data Lab - The forest data lab offers an infrastructure for accessing satellite data, geodata from forest and comprehensive mapping. Coordinator: The Swedish Forest Agency
- KoDa – Public Transport Data Lab - Public transport's data lab ins based on trafiklab.se and provides further data in real-time format along with historical data and annotated data sets. Coordinator: RISE
- Data lab for business data as national resource - The data lab will create the conditions for the development of innovative by making business data, APIs and tools available. Coordinator: The Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket)
- Establishment of data lab for the forest digital chain - The environment will offer tools and methods to enable new innovations for the actors in the forest industry. The data lab will create good conditions for using AI in innovation development and focus on the forest value chain from the forest to the industry. Coordinator: Biometria
- The city's results Data Lab - The data lab will promote the development of a data-driven results and result collaboration within complex social areas. The lab aims to create a new form of analysis and decision support for different levels in the public sector. Coordinator: The Swedish National Financial Management Authority (Ekonomistyrningsverket)
Take part of the film from the gathering by Anders Frick (in Swedish)